Tuesday 25 September 2012


My children's book Mr. Hookumbacker and the Yella Yella Yum Yum Tree has been reviewed by Connie on her Peanut Butter and Whine blog. My thanks to her and Alice!

"One of my favorite times of day is reading books to Alice. We read everything from simple one line per page  books to full stories with several chapters. I love that Alice doesn't need pictures to hear a story.  When I was offered "Mr. Hookumbacker and the Yella Yella Yum Yum Tree" to read and review I didn't hesitate to say OF COURSE!!! With a title like that how could I resist??!?!?  (Alice doesn't know that I manage to say the name differently every time!!! Mr. Hookumbacker and the Yella Yella Yum Yum Tree is a cute book, with an important message we have to care for our forests.

Mr. Hookumbacker is 215 pages of magical adventure that takes place in the Forest of the Cracking Stone. The forest is filled with bubble tums (they care for the forest), honey tickles, sapling shines. (Aren't these names great??) Cherry Petals lives in the Wiggle Twig Village but must travel far away to find a Yella Yella Yum Yum Tree to save her friend. This is a fun book to read out loud. The names are fun, the story is fun and the message is important. There is so much adventure in this book kids of all ages will thoroughly enjoy it"

You can read Connie's full review at:

http://www.peanutbutterandwhine.com/2012/09/mr-hookumbacker-and-yella-yella-yum-yum.html


No comments:

Post a Comment