Monday 5 November 2012

Review of Mr. Hookumbacker and the Yella Yum Yum Tree at Pea of Sweetness blog - thank you Emilee:

http://peaofsweetness.com/mr-hookumbacker-yella-yella-yum-yum-tree/

Review:

"Mr. Hookumbacker and the Yella Yella Yum Yum Tree is a children’s adventure story. The Forest of the Cracking Stone is full of wonder and natural beauty. It is also a place of magic as well as honey tickles, bumbletums, sapling shines and a kindly old tree master called Mr. Hookumbacker.

I am excited I had the chance to review Mr. Hookumbacker and the Yella Yella Yum Yum Tree. At first I was a little surprised at the length of the book because it does have a few chapters. I wasn’t sure our kids being so young (and having such a short attention span) would sit through it, but I read it to them one chapter at a time. We were always eager for the next chapter – myself included! It really is an engaging story that keeps you wanting to read more! I really enjoyed this book because it touches on the importance of our environment while taking you through a fun, adventurous tale full of unique characters with fun names! I really love how the author combined such a very important concern and made it fun and enjoyable! I also like how the story expressed different types of relationships including friends going out of their way to help another! I think overall this book is filled with great messages rolled up into magical adventure and a lot of fun!"

No comments:

Post a Comment