Friday 16 November 2012

Win a copy of children's book Mr. Hookumbacker and the Yella Yella Yum Yum Tree at Sugar in my Grits blog - thank you Jessica.

Review:

"Growing up, I always found peace when surrounded by an abundance of trees. Many days were spent by the creek down from the old house. Other times I ran deep among the trees to find refuge when the home life was rough. For me personally, there has always been something magical deep within a wooded area. After reading the book Mr Hookumbacker and the Yella Yella Yum Yum Tree, I believe in that magic more than ever.

Written by author Richard Silverton, Mr Hookumbacker and the Yella Yella Yum Yum Tree is a fun way to help bring awareness to our forests & wooded areas. As I read through the pages, I was taken into a world of magic & beauty. Each character has their own unique characteristics that make you love them even more throughout the story.

 In the beginning of the story I was sort of wishing there were illustrations but once I read further, I was happy that there were no pictures. This left it all up to me. My mind was the creator when it came to visualizing what each character looked like. It truly made the story more magnificent. Do not get me wrong though- I'd LOVE to see this made into a movie. It'd be awesome!

I'm thoroughly glad to have been given the chance to review this book. Mr Silverton has done a great job at bringing a delightful story to his readers (young & old). The only thing that could make this book any better?? Another book to carry on the story."

Full Review and giveaway at:

 http://www.sugarinmygrits.com/2012/11/mr-hookumbacker-and-yella-yella-yum-yum.html

No comments:

Post a Comment